Call for Papers
The importance of parallel computing is increasing rapidly with the ubiquitous
availability of multi-core CPUs, GPUs, and cluster systems. Computationally
demanding and data-intensive applications in graphics and visualization are
strongly affected by this trend and require novel efficient parallel solutions.
The aim of this symposium is to foster the exchange of experiences and knowledge
exploiting and defining new trends in parallel graphics and visualization.
The proceedings of the EGPGV Symposium will be published in the Eurographics
Proceedings Series and in the Eurographics Digital Library.
Focusing on parallel computing, the symposium seeks papers on graphics and visualization techniques, data structures, algorithms, and systems for:
- (multi-)GPU computing, and heterogeneous, hybrid architectures
- hybrid distributed and shared memory architectures
- grid and cloud environments
In particular the symposium topics include:
- computationally and data intensive rendering
- scientific visualization (volume rendering, flow and tensor visualization)
- information visualization and visual analytics
- simulations for virtual environments (physics-based animation, collision detection, acoustic)
- mesh processing, level-of-detail, and geometric methods
- visual computing (image- and video-based rendering, image processing and exploitation, segmentation)
- scheduling, memory management and data coherence
- large and high resolution displays, virtual environments
- scientific, engineering, and industrial applications
The best paper will be invited to submit an extended version to
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG).